Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G6 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have many HP Prodesk 400 G6 SFF systems running Windows 10 1909 and 20H2. I notice that secure boot is not enabled on them (UEFI is). Many of these systems are at remote sites with no support staff there. Is there a way to enable secure boot from within windows 10 ? I see that there is a capability on many models to instrument the BIOS using a driver and some utilities if it's booting from BIOS.

I'd imagine not as this might negate the security of secure boot but hoping someone can come to the rescue here! 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

What is the current level of "risk" because Secure Boot is not enabled?

Are you anticipating that somebody might boot from some unauthorized media, and have access to the computer?  Or, that the computer might get stolen?

Do you run BitLocker on the computer, to fully encrypt the whole disk-drive?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.