10 5 1 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

Enabled secureboot, now six beeps and blank screen

HP Recommended
Envy 810qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Well I just screwed up my 6 year old HP computer. I had been messing around with setting up custom secureboot keys. When I switched to the HP keys and enabled secureboot, restarted with my graphics card in, I get six beeps. Without it, using the on board graphics, I don't get the six beeps, both have blank screens. I believe I may have cleared the HP keys. My question is, can I restore the bios and the included HP keys? I did make a backup of the HP keys to a USB drive if that matters. Hoping for some help! I can't afford a new computer at the moment.

Thanks, Travis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
xbox360141
Author
Level 2
10 5 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update on my issue... The motherboard I ordered fixed the problem. So I guess the solution is don't clear the HP  secureboot keys.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
6,787 6,770 639 1,531
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

You need to disable Secure boot and enable Legacy Support before upgrading graphics to a non factory graphics card.

Or you can clear the HP keys prior to installing the new hardware and create custom keys subsequent to installing the new hardware so you can use Secure boot with this new hardware.

But the PC will not boot with HP keys enabled and new hardware such as a graphics card.

Regards

xbox360141
Author
Level 2
10 5 1 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Grzwacz, I don't think I worded it right, I'm sorry! 

The graphics card didn't come with the computer but it was working fine before I cleared the HP keys, created custom keys, and enabled secureboot. Is there a way to enable on board graphics when I can't get anything on the screen?

I found a replacement board on eBay within my budget, do you think it would work?

Oh and the card that came with it (I don't have it anymore) was a GeForce gt640, the one I have now (which was working) is a geforce GTX 970. 

xbox360141
Author
Level 2
10 5 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Update on my issue... The motherboard I ordered fixed the problem. So I guess the solution is don't clear the HP  secureboot keys.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation