Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15-AY039WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product: HP Notebook 15-AY039WM
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)
Dear HP,

This evening my notebook booted prompting "Enter Administrator Password or Power-On Password" for no reason. I do not have that password.

DISABLED CODE:  67607170

Quick Facts:

1) HP Notebook 15-AY039WM

2) Windows 10 64 bit

3) Requesting "Enter Administrator Password or Power On password" at booting.

4) We haven't done anything special to the computer, only usual Windows updates.

5) I have tried the solution of removing the case and removing the CMRS battery + holding power button for 20 secs to restart from scratch but it did not work.

6) I can provide the serial number for the computer if that helps you generate the relevant "Power On" password.

Looking forward for your help, as our business depends on this computer to be operational!

Ibbha

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Did you try entering a password?

After 3 attempts you may get a numeric code.  If so you post it.

Then someone here will help.

HP Recommended

Thanks. Just edited the message.

HP Recommended

Hi

IF IT IS not   [  i   67607170  ]   then  78765176

HP Recommended

Thank you but some numbers don't work when using the keyboard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.