Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ENVY AIO 27-R255QD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an envy AIO 27 r255qd and I have the same problem. I i know the bios password but I just set the power on password a few days ago and promptly forgot it. I took the machine apart and found the clear cmos jumper like most pcs have,  and I set that and even waited for an hour. I it reset the bios settings it said during post,  but didn't clear the power on password!  I help! 

Cheers and good day to you,
Aaron
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@aaronajss
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. As you've performed relevant troubleshooting steps and the password issue persists. You would have to talk to our Support Engineers in order to get the password reset/recovery disk to install windows operating system.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

• Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
  • Select the product type.
  • Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
  • Select the country from the drop-down.
  • You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.