Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PC will not wake up after going to sleep.  Have to do a hard reboot to recover. Have tried turning off "Fast Startup" option. Have also verified that my keyboard and mouse are set to "Allow this device to wake the computer". What is the next step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you Savvy2.  With additional help from HP Support, the answer turned out to be in the Device Manager as you suggested. A problem was indicated by a  yellow triangle with a USB port. I had a PowerBank PB26 plugged in to a USB port for charging. When I unplugged the PowerBank the problem was solved! Thanks again.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

to make sleep work both ways,  fall and wake.

is not easy in the real world , just one wrong driver and bingo.

1: BIOS is first. go into BIOS , turn on all USB ports and look for sleep mode on/off there too. turn that on first.

2:did this PC come new with W10? ok Gen 9 intel cpu sure.

3: next up for sleep is , DEVICE MANAGER (power settings are last)  all USB ports good drivers and keyboard and mouse good.

4: is this a wireless keyboard. or USB wired,  try wired as a test. first. (walk then run mind set) Omg new with wireless,.!!!

5: and the deep pit of POWER settings.    did you drill fully deep here, using advanced or better a custom settings.?

one other trick is to turn off all deep sleeps and use only level 1.  and not hybrid sleep.

and turn off deep sleep in bios if seen there,  use simple 1st level sleep only (simple works best of all)

update the keyboard driver,? from HP.com

one last trick just like laptops but no lid.

the power button is programmable.

as in what does the power button do if pushed, (power settings it is there )

off

sleep

do nothing,

pick sleep then see if that works for sleep then wake,up; simple that , needs  no uSB to work no wired keyboard working nor batteries dead or weak in same, causing  chaos) batteries are that.

some mice and keyboards,  look in manual  have  mode called Allow  sleep wake, this is feature that makes the kbd/mouse

batteries last way longer.  even 2 times longer.... thus  the choice.

that is my free dirty laundry list for sleep,.  

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you Savvy2.  With additional help from HP Support, the answer turned out to be in the Device Manager as you suggested. A problem was indicated by a  yellow triangle with a USB port. I had a PowerBank PB26 plugged in to a USB port for charging. When I unplugged the PowerBank the problem was solved! Thanks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.