Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
500-164
After rebooting the system to factory settings, I got this error and can't go no where.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Kuzia1979,

Good Day! Welcome to the HP support forums. 🙂 I reviewed the post regarding boot issues after resetting your computer to factory settings. Excellent description and great diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist with accurate information I would require more information regarding his.

• What is the exact error message?
  • Please share a screen grab or image?
  • What is the operating system installed on the computer?

• For now please perform complete system diagnostics from this link: http://hp.care/2sbosAy and run extensive tests and component tests under Testing using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) option.
  • If any component fails it reports a failure code. Please make a note of it and contact HP phone support via http://hp.care/2moMFSc to get the PC repaired. Please select the country and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • If the PC is out of warranty by more than 3 years, then service options with Hp may not be available as the original component manufacturers may not be supplying the required parts to Hp to service it.

If it passes, then please try to perform a system recovery from the f11 recovery partition by trying these steps:

• Power down the unit. When you power it back up, immediately tap the F11 key gently several times. It takes you to recovery manager. Perform a system recovery and not a Microsoft reset.
  • If it still fails order recovery media from the same link for phone support and please check again if it works. This should do the trick for you.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, please. Please note that I am not overloading you with a lot of troubleshooting steps. Instead, just like you, I am eager to ensure that the problem gets resolved. So I am providing you with more resources and information at your disposal to deal with the situation better.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I Am sorry, but this is didn't help at all. I need a recovery tools to fix it. But as of right now, I don't have an access to to download all of that since I have only one computer at home.
Thank you for ur help.
HP Recommended

Hi @Kuzia1979,

I read through your response. Thanks for replying. You've displayed infinite patience and commendable troubleshooting skills to try and fix the issue.  The recovery partition on the computer might be corrupt and hence you may not be able to perform a  recovery.

Please try to order system recovery media for this computer (which includes the operating system, drivers and related software which came with the computer when you first got it) from HP by following the steps from my previous post.Once you receive the recovery media, you should be able to perform a system recovery without hassles as long as it has no faulty hardware.

It has been amazing working with you considering you excellent technical expertise. Let me know how things pan out as well. I am always there to assist you if needed.Thank you for sharing this platform and giving me the privilege to share it also. 🙂

Trust me I've done everything I can to assist you by keeping your best interest in mind. I hope the unit after repair works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this asAccepted Solutionas it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂 Do take care stay healthy, keep smiling big and have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.