Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 300 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Not able to boot. When running diagnostic tools, Iget a warning when testing boot path, saying no drives detected. Error code: BIOHD-2. Suggestion: Turn off your system and verify the drive cables are securely attached.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Assuming that the cabling was checked as the warning suggested, the most likely reason for that error is the hard drive has failed.

Most of the HP TouchSmart 300 PC 's indicate around 2009 or so.  For that age of equipment, it would not be out of line  for hardware to start failing.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I have not checked the cabling, for I don't even know how to open the computer. And I don't think I would be authorized to do that either. The computer is  9-10 years old, so maybe the drive has broken down. But there are two drives, and why should both have broken down at the same time? Maybe it's only the cabling which has got a shortcut or something.

HP Recommended

Considering the error, it probably is not "both" drives as you asked but the drive the Windows OS is on.  If you provide a better model number, that would allow better help, as there are many variations of the HP TouchSmart 300 PC.  

In response to the statement " I don't think I would be authorized to do that either" meaning open the case - you are authorized since it is 10 years old.  However, you might not feel skilled enough to do that, even with guidance.  That, of course, is up to you.  AIO's are more difficult that desktops, about like opening  a laptop.  On the older units, there might be a compartment door that can be removed to allow access to the hard drive.  Bt I cannot tell for sure without the model number.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The product number is WE245AA-UUW.

HP Recommended
Model nor. 300-1125sc
HP Recommended

Here is a video showing how to change the hard drive.  The model they used for example was slightly different than yours but should be close enough to see how it is done.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01950811

The support site did not give detailed information for your model.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Thank so much for your help. I have now at least managed to take the hard drive out and set it in again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.