Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-cd005la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello someone could help me solve this problem, the problem I have is when I turn on the laptop I get the error Hard Disk Error Hard Disk 2 (3F2), if someone knows how to fix it could help me

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@WhackySquire

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Echo_Lake  is at your service.

I see that you're getting a hard drive error message while booting your notebook, 

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution:

• Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?
  • When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Did you run a hardware test on the computer using the F2 key during a restart?

Let's run a hard drive test

Use the following steps to open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) to the main menu.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed.
  4. In the main menu, click component test.
  5. Then click on a hard drive test.
  6. Select the Quick Test to perform a quick check of the hardware.
  7. Select the Extensive Test to perform a full check of the hardware. This test might take 2 or more hours to complete.
  8. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for the component is shown on the screen.
  9. If the component passed, exit from that screen.

If a component fails a test, write down the information, 

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below,

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I press f2 and after come the white screen with the initial diagnostic and freeze don't do nothing else 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.