Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY h8-1420ef - C3V42EA#ABF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello,

i had a boot error on my computer reported on  SSD start drive:

1720-Echec imminent détecté par le disque dur SMART SATA1 SSD.

I launched HP support Assistant and harddisk test, and it's indicate the error erreur 9TV7PA-000ANU-X87T0K-617213.

I'm looking for some help.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

well i remove the SSD, and computer work properly, no more SMART error and no problem!

the mistery of computer 🙂

thx for your help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
I need some clarification
according to the error code, you would have a hard drive problem, but it would be the second
I have the support page, but not the characteristics page, I don't know if I can find it, and no time to search there
So do you have two hard drive, probably an ssd plus Hdd, unless that's an addition you made?

in any case the hard drive indicates that if there are problems, it may snap at any time, start by backing up all the data if possible on an external drive

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-h8-1400-desktop-pc-series/5295996/model/5309793/product...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, and thanks for your answer.

On the desktop i have two hard disk, one SSD of 15 Gb with a partition called "boot system", and one hard disk HDD with windows application partition, my data and restauration partition.

I saved the Data partition from HDD, but i don't know how to fix the problem with the SSD, which one with the SMART alert.

May be i can change the SSD and make a clone, but i will not find a 15gb SSD now, i don't know if i can do it and the consequance for the desktop functionning

HP Recommended

i will not find a 16 gb SSD now,

I think that any SSD (32 GB or 64 GB, or 120 GB or 240 GB) can be used as a replacement.

Select the least-expensive of the above SSDs.

HP Recommended

Heelo,

i called the HP support. This SSD was used on this kind of computer to have a quick boot with Windows8.

Now i had install Windows10, this SSD shall not be used.

I can see on diskmngnt that he is no more allocated.

I will try to uninstall it to see.

PC fixe partitions 08 2021.png

HP Recommended

Hello
remove the ssd and check
I wonder, if it's not the HDD that has a problem
why warn a smart error when the SSd is not used, i have a doubt!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

well i remove the SSD, and computer work properly, no more SMART error and no problem!

the mistery of computer 🙂

thx for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.