Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming Desktop 690-0013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I did a diagnostic everything was fine except it would not let me do a diagnostic for my storage it says there was none installed? But it wont let me boot up please help i just bought this system and they did not give me any software with it!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to the support page

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06102953

That PC is less than a year old and should still be under warranty.  That message most likely is telling that the boot manager has been corrupted or the hard drive has failed.  Look in the BIOS to see if the hard drive is detected.  If "No" then the hard drive has failed.  When you say " i just bought this system and they did not give me any software with it!" start with talking to the seller about support and then with HP support if the seller fails to help.  It is too late now, if the hard drives has failed, but there is software.  The OEM manufacturers no longer give out disk sets but the software is on the hard drive and you can make the Recovery disk set yourself.  No value to you if the hard drive has failed.

If you do not get this repaired and wish to pursue the venture on your own, start with making the Windows 10 install media from here

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

With a working PC, scroll down to the "Using the tool to create installation media" and follow the directions.  Then boot the problem PC to the new media and see if the repair option will find and fix the problem.  If it reports there is no hard drive etc, replace the hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 with this new media.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I'm looking at it it shows the hard drive and it says sata 2 as well it says 1tb I just need to figure out the right boot order you **bleep** right it's  less then a year old I bought this from walmart 6 weeks ago brand new!

HP Recommended

You can try to get Walmart to help.  They have a pretty good return policy during the holidays.  Not so good on support, however.  Maybe just return it and get another.  I still say the drive has failed.  If the drive was OK, it would go ahead and boot unless you changed the BIOS somehow.  If this just popped up after the PC worked until now, then a failure, most likely.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.