cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
pgh5918
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

F9 does not bring up boot menu on HP Compaq Elite

HP Recommended
compaq elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get my HP Compaq Elite to reboot after Windows 10 updated. F9 does not work.

4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,315 64,879 22,040 33,959
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

Did you try tapping the ESC key first and then selecting the F9 boot options menu?

That is how all of the HP Elite 8200's and newer work.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
pgh5918
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did not. I will try it.

pgh5918
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

All I get is the HP logo.

Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
141,315 64,879 22,040 33,959
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately I wouldn't know why you can't get the boot options menu to show up.

I have two 8200 Elite CMT's, and that is how I get to the boot options menu...Tap the ESC key, then select F9 from the menu that shows up.

On my older HP 8000 Elite, I just have to press the F9 key to get to the boot options menu, because it does not have a UEFI BIOS like the 8200 Elite does.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation