Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Is there a place to look up what various failure ID codes mean?  It would be nice to know what part the failure ID code is referencing so I know what to replace in the machine.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, due to privacy issues, HP no longer allows us to post the link to the failure ID code report website.

The report provides the serial number of the PC and HP does not want that information distributed.

If you have a particular code you need to find info on, post it and I will give you the report minus the PC's serial number.

You will find that the report generated by the failure code provides very little useful information.

You can see this link for the report generated by a hard drive failure code, for example...

Solved: Re: DST test failed - HP Support Community - 7905703

HP Recommended

The failure ID code is:  Q0DLGF-7LQAB7-WPVV7F-800X03

The machine passed the disk read verify, short and long drive self test as well as the system fast test using the HP hardware diagnostic tool.  The error code popped when I restarted and used the scan functions after pressing F2.  I just need to know what is damaged so I can replace it.  Thanks for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus your PC's serial number.

I have never seen that type of failure report before, so unfortunately, I don't know what part is bad.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
Q0DLGF-7LQAB7-WPVV7F-800X03OKXXXXXXXXXX12/24/20400CommunicationsGPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USBSerial Port A Address Conflict Detected

Below is the parts list for your PC, and nothing on the list seems like the obvious part to me.

HP PartSurfer

HP Recommended

Yeah failure ID codes don't do much good if they don't provide useful information.  I appreciate your time in trying to fix this.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.