Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - M01-F0027na
Microsoft Windows 11

The issue is that, upon either using HP support assistant or by downloading the latest BIOS from HP's website for my device, it allows me to install the BIOS. Then I flash the BIOS and restart, after this process is complete - with NO error messages - I happened to open HP Support assistant again for other updates and next to the BIOS update it had written "Failed" under the history section.

I then immediately opened HWinfo and used the Windows Terminal to check my BIOS version - it was the same as before the update. So I rebooted into the BIOS and that also said the same BIOS revision from before (F.41) and not the new bios (F.42). I tried again with the download from the website and still no luck, I did nothing out of the ordinary and got no error messages and have previous experience with BIOS updates and they all went fine, is there something I am doing wrong or an issue elsewhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Possibly there is some permission problem..

Download the bios again but change where it is to be installed from

c:\swsetup\sp140158

to another location such as your document or download folder.

Then run the install from there.

It might be useful to look in the event viewer under "applications" to see if some errors shows up like missing support file or lack of permissions.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Possibly there is some permission problem..

Download the bios again but change where it is to be installed from

c:\swsetup\sp140158

to another location such as your document or download folder.

Then run the install from there.

It might be useful to look in the event viewer under "applications" to see if some errors shows up like missing support file or lack of permissions.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you BeemerBiker, this fixed the issue for me, there was an issue in event viewer, it was a permissions error and resolving that managed to fix my issue. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.