Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have this problem on my computer where everything is wiped out and so I am trying to download windows off of my drive where it has windows downloaded. BUT the problem is when i open up boot option, there is no option and my USB drive is inserted!! PLEASE PLEASE HELP. i had reset the bios and everything is turned on and enabled with the USB and still nothing 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Can we go step by logical step please.

W10 is available from Microsoft if needed.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

So the USB you have inserted, does it already have W10 or some other bootable Operating System ON/Installed?

To access your hard drive you need a bootable device, and then a second separate device to copy onto.

please give some more details of the USB in use.

HP Recommended

yes i have all this but the thing is my computer does not recognize my usb at all 

HP Recommended

Hi

I doubt that.

Does it have this kind of Directory?

D:\>dir
 Volume in drive D is Recovery
29/10/2018  23:48               128 autorun.inf
29/10/2018  23:48           408,074 bootmgr
29/10/2018  23:48         1,452,856 bootmgr.efi
20/03/2017  04:15    <DIR>          efi
09/08/2018  15:55    <DIR>          HP_Drvrs
29/10/2018  23:48            82,440 setup.exe
13/08/2017  12:42    <DIR>          sources
22/11/2018  10:25    <DIR>          support

But for me it's ESC and then F9

Then..

W8 Repair.pngRecovery Reinstall.png

Use Command Prompt and use the XCOPY command.

xcopy C:\Users\*.* E:\Users /s
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.