Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I have a HP ENVY Curved All-in-One N0H68AV. For the past 3 weeks I've been having a problem with freezing after starting up, every start up. I have to do a hard shut off and power back on, sometimes it takes a few tries (3 the most) of this to get the freezing to stop, runs fine once it gets going. Can restart like normal with no freezing after getting over the "freeze phase"

I did a clean install of windows, all my drivers are up to date I ran the memory diagnostic tool from windows, and other checks, everything is fine no errors. Sometimes on the boot up after a hard shut off I get a no boot device found blue screen, had this happen 2x so far. Other times I get a windows needs to repair hard drive screen, goes through the repair and all is ok. This freezing happens maybe 2 mins into the startup time, I have only the minimal programs loaning on startup.

I've pretty much decided it is due to a power supply issue. My question is would I have to replace the internal psu or just the outside AC Power Adapter? or both?

Oh...maybe totally unrelated, but also every now and then my speakers have static noises coming from them at random times, it was happening when I was running a Performance Tune-up Check via HP Support Assistant. The static has also happened while in the re-booting phase. There is nothing I can really pinpoint as to when the static will happen it is just random.

Thanks for reading!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@kimbeelee,

Welcome to HP Support Community,

Have you tried to run an extensive system test as well as extensive test on the Hard drive from F2?

Let's run an extensive system test as well as extensive test on the Hard drive from F2(Please remember to capture the failure ID for further assistance).

If the test fails, then this could be a possible hardware failure. 

If the test passes, then this could be an issue with the software or driver related. 

Let's update the Bios on your PC either from our HP support website, using this link or download it using HP Support Assistant.

To download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

I would suggest you enable Fast Start-Up on the system and check if it helps. To do this, follow the steps below.
1. Open Control Panel and go to Power Options.
2. Click/tap on the Choose what the power buttons do link on the left side.
3. Click/tap on the Change settings that are currently unavailable link at the top.
4. If prompted by UAC, then click/tap on Yes. 
5. Ensure that Turn on Fast Startup is checked.
6. Restart the computer.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type sfc /scannow. Make sure to include the space between sfc and the /.
Press Enter and wait while System File Checker scans for corrupted files.
When scanning is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
If the file checker found and replaced any corrupted files, restart the computer and check the performance.
If the file checker did not find any corrupted files or found corrupted files but could not replace them, go to the next step.
If System File Checker finds corrupted files but cannot replace them, use the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. DISM checks the corrupted files; then downloads and replaces the files using Windows Update.
In Windows, open a web browser.
   NOTE:
You need to be connected to the Internet to use DISM.
In Windows, search for Command Prompt. In the search results, right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator. Then click Yes.
In Command Prompt, type dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Make sure to include the space before each / in the command line.
Press Enter and wait while DISM works. This might take several minutes.
If DISM finds corrupted files, it replaces them using Windows Update. If this occurs, after DISM is finished, restart your computer and see if the performance has improved.

For more details, please follow this link: HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows)

Refer this article to further troubleshoot lock up or freezing issues with PC. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I do not know what you mean by Extensive test on the Hard drive from F2

I enabled Fast Start-Up. It freezes on the 1st boot of the morning, runs fine throughout the day even after restarting. So I will have to wait until tomorrow to see if that fixed my issue.

I have the HP Support Assistant installed and there are No updates available, so no Bios update.

System File Checker, Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Test - System Extensive Test everything passed.

I will update on my start up tomorrow morning.

HP Recommended

@kimbeelee,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,
I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Enabling Fast Start-Up did not fix my am freeze...It did however delay the freeze to about 15 mins after the 1st startup. I had to hard shut down twice this morning, the 2nd freeze of the morning happened right at start up. Third times a charm windows is running normaly so far. :Sleep:  I think my pc doesn't like getting out of bed

HP Recommended

@kimbeelee,

In this scenario, as you have performed an extensive test which passed without any errors, I would personally suggest the next step would be to perform a system recovery using the recovery media. 

I would recommend you contact our HP support team who can help you order a set of recovery media for your PC.

HP support can be reached on www.hp.com/contacthp

Select the product type.

Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

Select the country from the drop-down.

You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The freezeing was caused by a 4 port usb expander :indifferent:  I have removed the usb hub before restarting the pc, so far I have had 3 successful startups with no freezing.

HP Recommended

@kimbeelee,

I'm glad you diagnosed the issue to be with the USB Hub, which was causing the issue. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help.

Thank you 😀

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.