Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P662OF Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 in S Mode

I have read and followed other posts instructions for this problem however it has not resolved my issue which is after a hard boot.the screen either freezes and will not continue or if it does it will go to a blue keyboard set up screen, but I am not able to toggle up or down with any of my keys or mouse. I have tried changing out my keyboard from a wireless to the wired and restarting and it still will not recognize the keyboard to make a selection so I am stuck at that screen. If I press enter it still does nothing and I am stuck on that screen. Like the other posts have said I have unplugged the computer and turned it back on several time and end up the same place. Does anyone have any idea's???

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ZaffNV

Welcome to HP forums, I see that your desktop screen freezes on the startup screen.

Follow the below steps to fix this issue:-

Perform a hard reset 

Attempt a BIOS recovery 

you could attempt to access the safe mode: click here for details. 

The only other steps to resolve the issue would be to: 

Remove and reseat the memory modules 

To perform a recovery: Click here 

Please create a data backup prior to resetting windows 

Let me know how it goes.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.