06-07-2017 07:56 AM - edited 06-07-2017 08:12 AM
I couldn't install Win7 x64 Pro to Elitedesk 800 G3 (6th CPU). When you get to the screen to select your preferred language, a keyboard or mouse connected to a USB 3.0 port does not respond.
I tried Windows 7 USB 3.0 Creator Utility. Didn't help.
The people giving money for a help. https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cpg/6100871747.html
As it officially supports Win7, so HP should provide a solution for it.
Solved! Go to Solution.
06-07-2017 08:28 AM - edited 06-07-2017 08:30 AM
Please do not "shoot the messenger", but some models of your computer are listed by HP:
as requiring Windows 10.
to download the HP-modified version of Windows 7 for your PC.
08-02-2017 02:23 AM
Why did restore setup screen appear? it is a fresh install. Cloud Recovery Client helped me.
08-17-2017 01:42 PM - edited 08-22-2017 02:24 PM
This is how I got it to work.
1. Download the Usb 3.0 Creator Utility here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25476/Windows-7-USB-3-0-Creator-Utility
2. Download these two Windows 7 64bit files and extract the drivers. Use any utility to extract the files from these two .exe's.
Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp80501-81000/sp80867.exe
Intel Chipset Support: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78817.exe
3. Extract Win7-USB3.0-Creator-V3-Win7Admin. Inside you will see a USB driver folder\x64\ folder.
4. For sp78817.exe grab the files inside \Drivers\Kabylake folder and drop them inside the USB driver folder\x64\ of the Creator Utility and overwrite all files.
5. For sp80867.exe grab the files inside Drivers\Win7\x64 and Drivers\HCSwitch\x64 and drop them inside the USB driver folder\x64\ of the Creator the Utility and overwrite all files.
6. Run the Installer_Creator.exe on your Windows 7 usb flash drive to patch it. That's it.
08-22-2017 01:57 PM
This is great, well done. One little issue is you reversed the softpaq numbers and their contents, I believe 78817 has the Kabylake folder.
Now, any idea how to load a driver for the M.2 drives? That's what came on my 800 G3 mini and the installer says it can't find the hard drive.
Thanks in advance,