Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp 500-420qe
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had recently updated my hp desktop to windows 10. In order to update to windows 11 it told me I had to enable TPM. I followed the steps to do that and now my computer is frozen, showing only an hp symbol. It won't respond to my keyboard and tu

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

You do not need TPM to run windows 11

The system does have to be working.  Possibly clearing CMOS will reset the bios and allow the system too boot.

BeemerBiker_0-1666659992554.png

The pair of blue jumpers can be moved to the left to clear cmos.

Unplug from wall

Tap power button 2-3 times to discharge residual electricity.

Touch finger to metal case before moving jumpers

Move both blue jumpers to the left for 20 second then return to previous position

Plug back in and see if system boots.

If system does not boot hold down the powers switch for 30 seconds

If your motherboard base ID (SSID) is 2B29 then you should be running bios version A0.18

Install windows 11 ISO using this guide  https://jensd.be/1860/windows/upgrade-to-windows-11-22h2-on-unsupported-hardware

use your windows 7 or 8 serial number to activate 11 or just skip over the activation.  

I recommend you stick with windows 10.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thank you! I actually didn't have to do all that. I unplugged the tower and left it unplugged for over a half hour. When I went back to it, I plugged it back in and it booted up fine. Weird.  I should probably go buy a lottery ticket 🙂 

HP Recommended

@Tracey40 wrote:

Thank you! I actually didn't have to do all that. I unplugged the tower and left it unplugged for over a half hour. When I

went back to it, I plugged it back in and it booted up fine. Weird.  I should probably go buy a lottery ticket 🙂 

Glad you got it working!

I recall that happened to Bill Gates when showing off his new Windows OS

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.