Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION ELITE HPE-083UK
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My PC boots in garbled text.  I suspect that it could be motherboard faulty.  I need a replacement of the motherboard, however I understand the MSI MS-7613 (Indio) motherboard is no longer on the market.  Which compatible motherboard for HP PAVILION ELITE HPE-083UK can I find?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

It is  a good news to tell you that all is resolved now since NVIDIA 730 is installed.  All looks good now.  

Thank you all for your support.  

Cheers! 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Can you send a picture of this garbled message?  I would also check to see if you have a video card installed as Bad video memory can also cause this.

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

Boot up in garbled textBoot up in garbled textWhen I opt for safe mode, it goes fine.  So I suspect that video card should be ok.  I feel that it may need to get BIOS update.  This will resolve it, won't it?  Thanks. 

HP Recommended

You can try updating the BIOS but if that does not fix it then i would suggest replacing the motherboard.  Sadly i cant see the picture until a Mod approves it.

HP Recommended

Hi, I I am still finding the BIOS update from HP support site.  No luck.  I will keep searching.   😞  

HP Recommended

This is the latest BIOS For your computer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-pavilion-elite-hpe-000-desktop-pc-seri...

HP Recommended

I realised that all drivers for HP Pavilion Elite HPE-083UK in HP Support site is out of date.  The latest one is dated in 2010.  So this indidcates that they no longer support this PC.   The possible solution is to get new motherboard.  However, I need to find out which compatible motherboard for this PC is.

HP Recommended

You can try searching for "MSI MS-7613 (Indio)" on ebay or amazon to see if you can get a replacement.  You may have to update the BIOS with the one HP has on there website but this should work.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks.  I tried BIOS update, unfortunately it did not make a difference.   They no longer support HP Pavilion Elite HPE-083. 

I wonder if MS-7613 (Iona-GL8E) can replace MSI MS-7613 (Indio) motherboard?  If yes, I will try this one. 

Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Give me some time to compare them and i should have an answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.