2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP 260 G2 Mini bios issue

HP 260 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a problem, with my HP 260 G2. I wanted to update the bios, so I downloaded and launched the update from your site : sp82568.exe (4 dic 2017) .
My windows 10 restarted and the bios update program showed the work in progress, I could see all the phases going on and it went all good up to 100%, then screen went black and I was waiting for the BIOS message. I leaved the hp in this state for about 30 minutes ... but nothing.

I tried to press the reset button but, as soon as I pressed the button, the hard disk light became bright. Every time I press the reset button I see the hard disk light on.

The fan is working, but I can see no hard disk activity and monitor output is totally black, without any message. I think that bios update crashed forever the pc.

I tried the win + b combination after pressing the start button for 3 sec, but it did not success. I also tried to press cmos reset button for 5 sec with the AC unplugged, but with no success.

The pc is out of warranty but I think it is absurd in 2017 that a pc could be broken by a official bios update that arrived to 100% without any problem and electrical issue.

How can I repair my HP 260 G2? there is a way to update the bios in this state ?

I need to fix it 

Thanks 

Marco 

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 2 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi I have exactly the same issue. I updated the BIOS everything went fine then the computer restarted to just a blank screen and the CPU FAN hitting high speed.

I have tried the CMOS reset, creating a USB flash drive to repair all to no avail.

Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 3 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, same to me ;(

Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 4 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

i've the same issue but with another harddisk the system starts without Problems.

Maybe the Bios Update Utility make changes to the harddisk which make a correct boot impossible. The system hangs only if the harddisk is plugged in.

The broken Harddisk works in another PC without problems - has anyone an idea how to fix this?

Thanks,

Hans

Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, same to me !

Help me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 6 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm sorry, the only solution that I've found was to re-flash the bios.

It is not easy and not for everyone. I had to go on a specialized lab that desolded the bios, re-flashed and solded again on the mainboard.
Total cost about 50 bucks

If your HP 260 is under warranty, you can call the Hp support. 

Greetings

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem here. No warranty anymore an a broken bios update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 1
Message 8 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re-flashed the BIOS - an authorized HP partner, solved the problem ... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same Problem here. Seems to be an wrong bios-update from Hp for this Computer 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 14
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The same problem. Most likely, the update BIOS crooked. What to do now, warranty is over! 😞

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation