Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8300 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello all.  So I went to power on my desktop and it will not post.  The system tries to power on as soon as the cable is plugged into the PSU and it gives a 5-beep error code (no red lights on power button or HDD LEDs).  I have looked into the service manual and it says that it is a "pre-video memory error."  I have tried reseating the memory stick, and I have also tried using other sticks of memory but yet the issue persists.  I should also point out that after so long, the CPU fan kicks up to 100% until I hold the power button in for five seconds to turn off the system. 

I've done research on the issue and the service manual says that the power and other LED should be red, but mine stays green.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue could be?  I would greatly appreciate the help. 

Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Bumping for help, please! 

HP Recommended

Bumping once more.  If anyone has any info, please help! 

HP Recommended

Did you ever manage to resolve this issue? I have exactly the same problem and can't find any support materials anywhere. 

Like you I have green light not red. Only way to get red LED is by removing RAM from system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.