Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
DC7800

Hello,

I am having some problems with my DC7800 it refuses to boot from USB i tried like 7-8 different usb devices but no luck.

Please help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

In BIOS SETUP, is it configured for "secure boot" or for "legacy" ?

This limits booting to allow only "trusted" images.

What's on the USB stick?  Linux?  MEMTEST86 ?  Windows 8?  Windows 10?

Can you boot other computers, especially Windows 7 systems, from the USB ?

HP Recommended

Secure bootlegacy  i dont think it's enabled because i dont see the menu for it anywhere.

I tried bootling linux with gpt and with mbr partition table in the stick.

I booted 2 computers so far with the same stick both work fine.

HP Recommended

> Secure bootlegacy  i dont think it's enabled because i dont see the menu for it anywhere.

Disable "secure boot".

HP Recommended

it dont have any option named secure boot... 😞

HP Recommended

Hi,

create the new USB drive using MBR partition style and try the following bios configuration.

1. Open the bios and enable the boot from USB.
  2. Change the boot device order and set USB as the highest priority. (In uppermost location)
  3. Disable the HDD boot. (If this option is available in your bios).
  4. Disable USB 3.0 from BIOS
  5. press esc on boot and select "Change boot device order" [Or simply press f9 on boot].
  6. Select your USB drive from the available list.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Is there anything in:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/How-to-Boot-USB-Drive-in-Secure-Boot-Mode-UEF...

that is appropriate or helpful to your situation?

HP Recommended

Hello there,

I have encounter this troulbe as well and all the solution suggested from this thread doesn't help.

I have tried several time with changing bios configuration setting still can not boot from USB (Windows boot USB for installing as well or the USB booth for system maintenance.

Finally, i find out that booting from CD-Room is ok. So let burn the Windows installing ISO to the CD as well as using other Boot CD/DVD instead of USB.

I'm mentioning about the HP Compag DC 7800 desktop computer with 2007 Bios version.

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.