Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion Desktop pc570-p088na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

With apologies on repeating this subject because earlier today posted that the original posting was "Solved" so it seems that  now I am unable to get back into it and amend the fact that it didn't work after all and so I see I now have to repost this:-

ORIGINAL POST:- I have had this HP Desktop i7PC since August 2017 but on 'Boot Up' it has recently started producing a short buzzing sound and a 'Blue Box' stating that there is a problem with the CPU fan with a Code of 90B. I have found that it seems to momentarily stick before starting for barely 2 seconds then the fan bursts into life with a sudden jerk after which it runs smoothly keeping the temperature well within the parameters.

I have checked it out and made sure that it is all completely clean, connected and running free, although there is a small end to end (in & out) movement on the shaft of the fan motor. So I suspect that in my case the fan requires replacing. But where EXACTLY could I get one?  It looks simple enough to replace i.e. 4 small screws and a connector. Unless of course anyone tells me its not that easy, in which case its off to the local repairer.

But I have noticed that this problem does appear many times one way or another on the forum for various HP machines with no actual pointers as to where to obtain a replacement fan for my particular machine. So I am a little concerned which way to deal with this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated folks.

As such "Echo_Lake" very kindly offered some checks to try and I went through them. Firstly none of the ideas resolved  the problem and No Bios update was offered. But strangely today a 'Notification'  appeared on the "HP Support Assistant" and when I checked it offered an Update which was a 'BIOS UPDATE'.

I duly downloaded it and after checking 3 or 4 times that it would now Boot up successfully with the aforementioned problem gone. I posted the original subject as 'Resolved'. However turning on the PC  later on today I found that this was in fact not the case - The Blue Screen Warning (Fan F-90) was STILL there.

So I am back at the start again. If anyone can assist please. All that HP has said is to take it into PC World/Curry's for repair. No offerings of where to purchase a New Replacement (obviously faulty manufactured) Fan which would be very simple to pop in myself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the fan is bad

replace it  with HP fan.

there is no other cause if not packed up in lint or the cable to it damage or loose in the jack.

simple RPM is wrong, fix that?

bad fan. 99.9% after no lint seen;

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

the fan is bad

replace it  with HP fan.

there is no other cause if not packed up in lint or the cable to it damage or loose in the jack.

simple RPM is wrong, fix that?

bad fan. 99.9% after no lint seen;

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thanks 'Savvy2' That's where the problem is:- I am unable to obtain a replacement Fan from HP. Its the Fan that sits over the Chip and has to fit exactly, a simple enough job IF I can just obtain a replacement

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.