Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix Desktop - 810-370st CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I run Memory tests on the my computer, I get a Memory Module Failure with the following FAILURE ID:

90DM6F-000A65-RXNJLJ-404803

I have replaced both memory DIMMS and neither of these were the failure.  What's the next step, replacing the motherboard, as the processor says it checks out?

The computer is well out of warranty so if that is the next step, I will most likely just replace the whole unit.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Silly me, there are 4 DIMMS on this motherboard.  There are just not in the same location and 2 are hidden by the fan assembly.  Replacing those 2 did the trick.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Make sure that both DIMMS are facing the same way, If one is backwards then you could get the failure code.

I did that once until a friend told me to make sure they are both facing the same way. I knew that the one closest to the processor was right and when I turned the other one around I got rid of the failure code. Worth a shot.

I have gotten bad DIMMS before brand new.

HP Recommended

Silly me, there are 4 DIMMS on this motherboard.  There are just not in the same location and 2 are hidden by the fan assembly.  Replacing those 2 did the trick.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.