cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
a-drew
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP Elitedesk stuck at "Just a Moment"

HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 705 35W G4 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP EliteDesk 705 and we normally reload system to remove unnecessary bloatware.

So when reloaded via usb with windows 10. It just freezes at "Just a moment"

Also note I did get the error "HP sure start detected an unauthorized change to Secure boot keys."

I had to disable secure boot to boot to usb so not sure why I get this error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks..

1 REPLY 1
jk_lol
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Found this post after googling the same issue with an Elitedesk 705 G4. Bought the machine used, tried to load Windows 10, and was facing the same issue - on install, the computer seems to freeze on the "Just a moment" screen (the dots stop spinning).

Here's what I did to resolve this:

• Boot to UEFI Setup (F10 on startup)
  • Go to Security tab
  • Under Security Configuration, Select Bios Sure Start
  • Uncheck Sure Start Secure Boot Keys Protection
  • Go back to Main tab and select Save Changes and Exit

Unchecking this option allowed me to boot while fresh installing Windows 10 on the machine.

Hope this helps someone.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation