Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Goodmorning, i have EXACTLY the same issue ! After upgrading tot nvidia 451 gaming driver my AIO RTX2080  type a0022nb crashed after 3 minutes (complete power down !)  I am not as lucky as you all !, igot the blue screen after restarting and i can't do a roll back, i can't even 'restore' my computer !!! Its a 3500 EUR machine !!! come on, shame on Nvidia and/or HP

HP Recommended

@Geert1967 wrote:

... i can't even 'restore' my computer...

Have you tried restoring your PC outside of Windows through the HP Recovery Environment?

It basically means pressing F11 repeatedly so that a blue screen of options comes up, choosing the [Troubleshoot] and then [Recovery Manager]. It's then a matter of finding the one for [Factory Default] or similar. It will, of course, wipe out any custom settings and installed software and be just like the day you bought it.

It's not HP's fault this one - there have been no GPU updates as yet from their Support Assistant; so downloading and  installing drivers direct from nVidia can be a bit risky as they generally don't test them on specific HP platforms as HP would before publishing them... That's not to say HP get it right all the time either. My last Realtek WiFi update through their support assistant now sees my WiFi randomly disconnect at least twice a day - easily fixed with a right-click and a troubleshoot on the globe icon just to reset the card.

Good Luck with the restoration!!!!!

The HP guidance can be found HERE  for various options including "Recovery when Windows 10 does not start correctly"

HP Recommended

Thx, but nothing worked anymore ( even factory reset. I odered a recovery kit 57 eur!) to get it working again (now it does with the old 443 driver from nvidia) .incredible that this can happen... i hope hp finds a solution !!!

HP Recommended

Hi there,

yesterday i installed the 452.06 new game driver from nvidia.....Well, NO CRASHES anymore.

So it WAS the driver not the PC 🙂

Grts

HP Recommended

Hi Grts,

I am having the exact same issue.  And I just installed 452.06 and that did not help either.  It keeps crashing after 5 mins or so.  This is very frustrating.  It is all ok when I install 442.74 though.  So I think you are right it’s the driver not the PC..

Kev

HP Recommended

Hi there,

i see you have the same problems. But good news, i think i found a good solution (2 other users did this and solved the problem).

It's NOT the BIOS and it's NOT the power supply...But One of the Nvidia drivers above the 442.xx serie seems to 'corrupt' the Intel Video driver for the built in video card Intel 630. As you know the PC switches between the Nvidia and the Intel to preserve power if you don't need the heavy nvidia. So : just download the Intel Video driver from the HP website (or Intel website), reinstall THAT driver (sometimes it gives an error like 'same driver or whatever) but be sure to OVERWRITE everything. Once that is done download the NEWEST game driver (i think 452.xx) and install that. THIS 452 driver is a much better driver and doens't seem to 'corrupt' the Intel video driver anymore. It works for others so i hope this fix works for you too, good luck !

HP Recommended

Hey,

Thank you for the helpful reply,  but this did not work for me. I attempted to reinstall Intel HD driver manually with the latest version from HP and then proceeded to install the latest graphic driver from nVidia 452.06.

I believe what you are saying has merit, but how can I totally reinstall Intel HD 630 driver cleanly? Did you uninstall the driver completely from your system and then reinstall it?

I was still getting crashes even after manually installing the intel driver, but I didnt exactly remove the driver from my system either.

Ended up going back to nVidia 442.50 and its stable again....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.