01-22-2019 06:55 AM
I'm having some trouble with my new screen relating to getting it to charge my computer through the USB-C docking. Are there any tricks or tips for getting this too work?
I have had a cooworker trying his computer aswell, and it doesn't work for him either.
01-24-2019 05:07 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
1. Open Device Manager.
2. Expand category “Universal Serial Bus controllers”.
3. Double-click the “USB Root Hub” device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there’s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)
4. Turn on/off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and click OK button.
Also, I recommend you to go monitor menu and then input control and select input as USB type C and check if it helps.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
01-28-2019 02:42 AM
Thank you for your suggestions, this didn't work for me. I have an Dell XPS 15 9560, and my coworker has a Thinkpad. None of these works. If we try with his screen, https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/349P7FUBEB_00/brilliance-curved-ultrawide-display-with-usb-c-dock which he has, it works for both of us. As I can see it's suppose to deliver 60W through the usb-c, the same as this monitor.
Do you have any other ideas?
01-29-2019 04:11 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would request you to contact our Phone Support and our Support Engineers should be able to Remote into your computer and sort this out.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:
- Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
- Select the product type.
- Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.
I am an HP Employee