Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen Obelisk

Hello,

I bought a this gaming computer (HP Omen Obelisk) for a family friend and I help them set it up.  After doing all the drivers updates, windows updates and antivirus(Bitdefender), it was good to go.  We gamed for a couple hours, restarted the unit several times and it was fine.  Then a geforce update for the graphics cards was needed and we did it. We restarted the computer and it was fine.  Then a couple minutes later after another restart, we got no display and heard long and short beeps.  

We reseated the RAM and graphics card. At first no luck but then we noticed the DP cable was not connected.  We connected the DP and made sure the monitor was on first then booted the system and it worked.  The first screen we encountered was some sumcheck error press enter.  We did and it worked.  

Now it beeps when the monitor is not turned on first before the desktop is powered.  Is this normal?  I feel that before the graphics card update we never had that problem.  I have read other posts from this community that say the graphics card might be faulty.  

Please help, the computer is only a couple of days old.  I want to be able to return it , if it is faulty.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Solved

contacted HP and they told me the fix for this issue was in the most recent BIOS update revision F12

I updated and it has seemed to have fixed the problem

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

You get a LONG (MAJOR) signal category, RED LED &

then a SHORT (MINOR) signal category, WHITE LED.

Major – the category of the error; Minor – specific error in that category

The AUDIBLE repeats 5 times, and the VISUAL until power is removed.

Is a rollback of the Drivers possible?

HP Recommended

Solved

contacted HP and they told me the fix for this issue was in the most recent BIOS update revision F12

I updated and it has seemed to have fixed the problem

HP Recommended

Hi

OH! 

"After doing all the drivers updates, windows updates and antivirus(Bitdefender), it was good to go. "

So all the possible updates were not done.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06268192

HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 84FD)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.