Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Omen Obelisk

Hello, Heroes of the Hp world!

I have a HP OMEN Obelisk Gaming Desktop;

Over the weekend i have installed a NZXT Kraken M22 internal liquid cooling system and a further 8g of ram. Everything in my opinion was fitted fine (any 120ml internal liquid cpu is a recommended upgrade for the HP Omen i understand and the 8g of ram are Hyper X ram which are exactly the same as the existing RAM it was brought with).

When i boot the PC up now, everything works fine - fans running, led lights on with no beeping or flashing lights which i understand is supposed to happen should there be an error code with a HP?

There are three issues that i can't work out for the life of me!

1) The biggest issue is i have no display output whatsoever - both my gaming monitor with HDMI and displayport connections and also tried to hook it up to just TV with HDMI but no luck.

2) Sometimes when it boot up - it run off for about 10 secs and then switches off. After about 5 seconds thereafter, it boots back up fine and then stays on - other times it stays on from boot without switching off for the 5 secs at the start.

3) The USB inputs a the back of the PC work fine with things like my RGB mouse or speakers - but when i try to plug my RGB keyboard in, sometimes it works when i plug it in after booting and other times it doesn't work at all. It never turns on when i have it plugged in when booting the PC - hence i'm struggling to use shortcuts to restore BIOS etc (bit nervous about this step anyway). To confirm - the keyboard is not fault as tested independently. 

I would consider myself fairly competent with computers - hence why i performed this upgrade but i'm really struggling to understand what is happening with it now..

Specs:
Intel i5
GTX 1660 ti graphics card

Please let me know whether this is something you can advise on
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Pull the new RAM. Check for a good POST using the factory RAM in the memory sockets HP used at the factory.

Upgrading multiple components at the same time can cause problems.

Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Pull the new RAM. Check for a good POST using the factory RAM in the memory sockets HP used at the factory.

Upgrading multiple components at the same time can cause problems.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.