Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP MEDIA CENTER m8000n TV PC PRODUCT RX881AA
Microsoft Windows Vista

HP NO LONGER SUPPORTS WINDOWS VISTA HOME PREMIUM 32BTS 2PAC so I can not log into My ISP-AT&T they NO Longer Support Windows Vista HP Does NOT Support Windows Vita Microsoft Also DOESN'T Support Windows Vista Home Premium 32bts 2Pac either so how can I get on the Internet? I don't know if My HP Vp17 Monitor is Synced with My CPU. What can I do? Help! I DON'T KNOW IF THE DRIVERS ARE OKAY OR THEY NEED TO BE RESET. ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED.  My Brother purchased this Computer in 2013, but he NEVER got a chance to get it out of the Box and gave it to me.  I just took it out of the Box in April 2018 only to read MESSAGES that HP & Microsoft stopped Supporting Windows Vista Home Premium 32bts 2Pac in April 2017. I called my ISP-AT&T knowing surely they could Troubleshoot and take CARE of my Problem, but I was told they NO LONGER supported Windows Vista Home Premium 32bts 2Pac  EITHER.   What have I been paying for all these 30+ years?  My Laptops, Smartphones, Kindles & Tablets Wifi? I tried getting Windows 7, but just couldn't ever get a Download to my Desktop so I couldn't get Windows 10.  What a Nightmare & I hope someone in the Community can help me Please.  Thank you, MJJetson

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Just because Windows Vista is no longer supported does not mean it cannot be used.  It also does not have any bearing on the ability to get on the internet.  Assuming the PC boots OK, then the user should be able to use the internet.  There must be something, a step that is being left out, to cause this problem.

First, start with the internet setup at the location of this PC. Explain what is there.

Does any other device use internet at this location?  If "Yes" how to the other devices connect?  Wireless or ethernet?

How is this PC attempting to connect?  Wireless or ethernet?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.