Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 24 All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, my aunt has an HP Pavilion 24 All-in-One and it is stuck on boot up, I've tried a hard reset (Disconnect power press Power button 10sec) did not work, Tried restoring the bios (Win+B on start-up and power button pressed for 2-3 sec) did not work, Tried booting into the EUFI diagnostics on USB and on the Machine did not work either.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@RickyCaz 

What is shown on the screen when it gets stuck?  We need the details to know what is happening.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, it's the beginning of the post process

Processor Type: AMD Ryzen 3 2300U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

Processor Speed: 2000MHz

L1/L2/L3 size: 96KBx4 / 512KBx4 / 4096KB

Memory Size: 6144 MB DDR4 / 2400 MHz / Dual Channel

Chanel A: XMM1 2048 MB

Chanel B: XMM2 4096 MB

BIOS Revision/Date: 8449 vF.31 05/02/2019

Press ESC for the Start Menu 

But nothing happens when you press ESC

HP Recommended

@RickyCaz 

OK, thanks.

You don't want to press Esc when that displays.  That is to invoke the HP Startup Menu which you don't need unless you are running diagnostics, changing BIOS settings, or changing boot options.  

Within 30 seconds or a minute or two, that prompt should disappear and the login window should appear.

If that does not happen, there is a hardware fault, so you should reboot and when the esc prompt appears, press F@ to try to run diagnostics.

HP Recommended

Already did that left it for 5 min nothing happened. And F2 just shows Diagnostic on the bottom right corner after that it does not do anything

HP Recommended

@RickyCaz 

Sorry to hear that.

If it is NOT possible to run diagnostics, or if that does not work, then there is NOTHING more you can do by yourself -- and there is NOTHING we can do because we have no way of accessing your PC from here to run diagnostics or repair hardware.

You will need to have the PC physically examined in a service facility by folks that can run their own diagnostics to determine what is wrong with it.

--------------------
If your PC is still under the original one-year HP warranty, or if you have purchased an extended warranty from HP and this is still valid, then having HP do this is an inexpensive option for you. In that case, you should contact HP Customer Support to see about having it repaired or replaced under warranty.

To contact HP Support see the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Here is the link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"
Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone number

Case number and phone number appear.
--------------------
If your PC is no longer under warranty, then it will cost you up front to have HP examine your PC. If you want to do that, you will have to contact an HP Repair or Service Center to see if they can examine the PC to determine the cause(s) of the problems, if it can be repaired, and an estimate of the repair costs.

Since you live outside the U.S., here is a link to HP Service Centers, by Country/Region: https://support.hp.com/in-en/service-center

Good Luck

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.