Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion all in one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On power up of my HP Pavilion All-in-One - I get 3 long beeps & 4 short one. This sequence repeats 5 times and pc boots up normal.

The troubleshooting steps are very confusing. can someone translate into layman's terms? and is this something i can do at home or do i have to get repaired? hah, too techy!

Hardware
The system board displays a power failure (crowbar).*
Indicates potential power system failure.
  1. Reduce to minimum config (CPU, System board, PSU, 1 DIMM of memory) and isolate failed component.
  2. Reduce further if issue persists.
  3. Test known good PSU.
  4. Replace affected component.
  5. If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, System Board, PSU.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Hardware

The Main-Board displays a power failure (crowbar).*

Indicates potential power system failure.

1 Reduce to minimum config (CPU, Main-Board, PSU,

Single memory DIMM) and isolate failed component.

2 Reduce further if issue persists.

3 Test known good PSU.

4 Replace affected component.

5 If unable to confirm source, replace CPU, Main-Board, PSU.

So remove / reduce the things connected, even down to having only 1 stick of ram.

I realise an AIO makes this difficult.

HP Recommended

Thanks you for your advice... do you mean to open up the computer? (Yes all-in-one). What is a PSU?  I think it might be over my head...if so, I will take it in for testing/repair...

HP Recommended

Hi

The PSU power supply unit, is it external?

Without a model number and/or SKU: targeted help cannot be given.

There is very little that can be done to an all-in-one, with the clue being in the name.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.