Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProOne 400 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hey,

my Desktop won‘t boot anymore. I push the power button and it emits 2 times long 2 times short beeps.
The screen stays dark.

I read that it is a Bios issue. Didn‘t change any hardware. Nothing. Just didn‘t work anymore.

Pushing F10 doesn‘t work. It tried HP Sure Boot, but pushing Windows Key and B, holding the power button for 1-3 seconds: Same result - none!

What can i do?
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to chapter 9, page 137, the error code is that The main area (DXE) of the BIOS has become corrupted, and there is no recovery binary image available.

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try and recover the BIOS by using the Crisis Recovery Mode option.

In the event of a failed BIOS update (for example if power is lost while updating), the System BIOS may become corrupted.  

Crisis Recovery Mode detects this condition and will automatically attempt to recover to a known good state. Some advanced systems have the ability to recover without user intervention - an error response during boot up showing 2 red and then 4 white blinks on the power LED indicates this mode.

After restoring the BIOS image, the system will reboot normally. If this feature is not present on your model, the recovery process will search the hard drive and any USB media sources for a compatible binary image.   The original factory image will have a suitable BIOS binary for automatic recovery without user intervention.

Otherwise, the binary (.bin) file in the HPBIOSUPDREC folder should be copied to the "Hewlett-Packard\BIOS\current" or "EFI\HP\BIOS\current" folder of the desired storage device in a FAT or FAT32 partition, and the system powered on. Once the binary image is located, the BIOS will display a recovery screen and will start the recovery process. Do not power off the system until recovery is complete.

Whenever HPBIOSUPDREC is used to update the BIOS, the utility will automatically populate the recovery file in the correct location should the Tools partition or \EFI file path exist.

This process can be used to configure for automatic recovery a system which has had the original hard drive image replaced or reinstalled with system software recovery media.

Sometimes there are restrictions on which BIOS versions are allowed to be installed on a platform. If the BIOS that was on the system had restrictions, then only allowable BIOS versions may be used for recovery.

You can find the HPBIOSUPDRDC folder inside a BIOS update file on your PC's support page.

You may as well use the latest BIOS file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.