Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Prodesk 400 G1 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I replaced the SSD, and upon reconnecting the power cable without pressing the power button, the PC emitted five short beeps along with a white light. My concern now is what steps should I take next.

I've attempted the following troubleshooting measures:

1. It seems like there may be a RAM issue.
2. I reinstalled the original RAM, but the problem persisted with five beeps.
3. I removed the drives, graphics card, all RAM, and PCI wifi card, yet the issue remained with five beeps.
4. Removing the CMOS battery, leaving the power off for an hour, and holding down the power button to clear power from the motherboard did not resolve the issue; I still encountered five beeps.
5. Holding down the CMOS reset button with the power disconnected also resulted in five beeps.
6. Reseating the CPU and swapping it with the previous one during the upgrade did not change the situation; I still heard five beeps.
7. Notably, starting the PC without the CPU produced three beeps, indicating a potential CPU issue.

In all cases, the fans operate, but there's no display output. Any suggestions for a solution would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.