Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
SFF 6300
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear HP,

I am using HP SFF 6300 for a while but today morning when I power It on. It turns on and then turns off automatically.

Back in 2020 February I am having the same problem but in that condition I remove everything from the PC (every wire) after sometime the PC start but only power light is visible with not beeps what's so every and fan started running at full speed after that I again restarts the PC  It did starts perfectly. I think it a processor problem so I replaced it with New i5-3470. Here in India Idle temperature stays like 25-40 degrees and I always set my CPU Fans at high speed because I don't get bother with CPU noise and the idle Temperature stays about 30-40 on A/C room. But today it not even starting just turns on and turns off immediately fan spins and stops. I have check the power supply power delivery it seems fine I tried on other SFF it works quite well on other. I also tried other SFF power supply on the dead system but it remains same.

I am not an expert in finding or tracing out where the error. 

I tried removing both ram stick in hope the system even starts beep or red-light but nothing happens.

I tried removing CMOS Battery for more than 10 minutes still same.

I removed all peripherals even internal component such as HDD, CD/DVD DRIVE ONLY CPU AND MOTHERBOARD CONNECTED.

Is it a Motherboard Issue bcoz the older CPU is working fine on other system.

I don't have any BSOD or Freezes during operating the system before.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@ Mohit0033, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

We reviewed your post and I understand that the  desktop is not Powering ON,

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps

Do you see a light on the green motherboard?

Check the power supply Fan is running?

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document fix.

HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start and Emits an LED or Beep Code  link 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.