DocHodges
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HP T730 power on Issues

HP Recommended
T730 Thin Client
FreeDOS

Hey guys I’ve got a T730 that I use for my pfsense box. All was fun until recently it would randomly power off. Trying to diagnose the issue I found that if I leave the power cable just right it will stay on but the slightest wiggle will cause it to power off again. Looking at the power plug and everything seems perfect. I’m thinking the issue might be with the solder joint of the power plug or possibly the power button (I read another user had this issue is why I keep that in my mind) has anyone attempted to resolver such a connector? Does anyone have any advice for how to proceed with this? I really don’t have the cash right now to replace the machine and I need to fix it quickly since it houses my home internet and I’m working from home due to covid. Not a great situation to be in for sure. Anything you guys can provide to help will be greatly appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1
DocHodges
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

More information:

if the power supply is not just right or maybe it’s just luck when it works but it will power on for about 4-5 seconds then power back off. After several try’s and adjustments it will finally power up and stay on. Slightest movement and it will go off and the cycle will continue. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation