Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP T730
Linux

We currently have HP TP730 Thin Clients running OS: ThinPro 7.0.0, OS Config: Smart Zero. We would like to upgrade them to 7.1.0 using HPDM. I've uploaded the 7.1.0 file but for whatever reason it is failing with the below message:

"Flash Drive: /Dev/

In 50-upgrade-firmware:

Parse update.ini

Preparing some work, please wait a minute.....

Downloading and copying the thin pro image.....

write_execute_after_reboot

unable

Write result into update.ini"

I don't know where to look of why this is happening. It seems to only apply to certain T730, and sometimes it will update with others. I've done a factory reset through the GUI and nothing. What logs can I look at? Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue ? have you figure it out ?

HP Recommended

We actually ended up just upgrading to HPDM 5.0 last week. We only tested a few machines, but they are now upgrading fine. We believe it was an issue with 4.7SP13.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.