Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 9300 Elite All-in-One 2ABB
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

This was a gift from someone that has since passed away so I can't ask him. I know the hard drive was replaced and it now has Windows 8.1 on it. BIOS is ING_707.

An SSD hard drive from an HP laptop was booted up with this pc via a USB adapter to try to save some info on the drive. It did

boot up to that drive and the info was saved. But, now the HP TouchSmart 9300 will not boot up. I get an error message code of 0xc000021a. The built in diagnostics does not fix the problem. I have tried resetting the BIOS to factory default and that did not help.I'm hoping to not have to reinstall Windows as I'm not sure that will solve the problem. I have wondered if resetting the CMOS would help but I have never had one of these apart. I can't fins a BIOS update on the HP site.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated....

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@den9421 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting 0xc000021a error message.

BSOD is a kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss.

In order to troubleshoot, I would need some specific information.

Test your hardware for issues

1. Please, shut down the computer using the power button

2. Power it on.

2.1 As soon as you press the power-on button, immediately start hitting the Esc button (like tap-tap-tap).

This should open an HP Startup Menu which may look similar to this one

3. Choose F2 to open System Diagnostics. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform System Test >> Quick test.

This will check major hardware components for the issue (do it just in case). Here is more info >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467259#AbT1

If the tests pass without issues, continue. If the issue still persists, perform the system restore.

Please refer to the below link to perform system restore.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Ok. Did all the tests I could find to do. It says the hard drive is freeze locked or something to that effect then shows Bio4HD error, I think. I could still access the hard drive with EaseUS ToDo back up 6.0 and got most of my info off of it. I tried a Windows Refresh. It showed that it finished successfully. But, now it locks up on the first screen where it says: v7.07 and Press the Escape Key to  go to the StartUp Menu. I can not get passed that point. I've tried the HP TouchSmart 9300 repair disk I created years ago. I've tried a Windows 7 repair disk, a Windows 7 install disk, A windows 8.1 install disk, nothing gets past that point.

HP Recommended

@Den942 

In that case, I would suggest you to contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Now I can not get past the blue screen that says the bios number and Press the Escape Key to enter Start Up menu.  It goes no farther no matter what I do. HP diagnostics Disk, a USB Install Media, The repair Disk made for it, nothing...

Any help greatly appreciated as this PC was a gift from a deceased friend...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.