Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
19-2113W
Linux

I've tried searching around for an answer and it just doesnt seem like I'm finding the answer I want. I have an older all-in-one (HP 19-2113w) that has windows 10. What I am wanting to do is install a distribution of linux. I went into the bios, went into secure boot configuration,  hit f10 to accept, disabled secure boot and fast boot. One thing that struck me as odd is legacy support isn't even an option I can check. When I go under storage and disable UEFI Boot Sources and then try to enable Legacy Boot Sources is get an error saying "you must disable secure boot before you may configure this option". I'm just at a loss for what to do now. I just want to bring life into this old machine and extend its life.

BIOS revision: LUP V80.13

BIOS Date: 06/12/2014

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Why disable Secure Boot on your HP 19-2113w All-in-One Desktop PC (ENERGY STAR)?

https://lubuntu.net/downloads/

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

I am wanting to try out several distributions and find one that fits my liking on the machine, first looking at Manjaro, which after a bit of research on it has a lot of issues with installing and running with secure boot with UEFI. All I want is to disable it on my computer.

HP Recommended

Hi

Why not enable Secure Boot and install a run-of-the-mill distro, get it stable and then become daring with exotic distros?  The main issue is usually drivers, hence the vanilla distros do better.

So if you can disable secure boot the Hard Disk may need formatting to MBR rather than GPT.

Boot Man x 5.jpg

HP Recommended

I've already tried Ubuntu, I regularly use mint 19.1 on my laptop as my main machine. I've used other distributions before, it's not as though this is my first experience. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong and how to properly disable it as I have successfully done it on other devices before.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.