Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-22-2021 12:26 PM
Hi. My PC will not start up. There is a tiny LED light above the power input at the back, but no lights appear at the from to indicate power is on. Power adaptor seems in good condition, not even a year old. Please help?
10-25-2021 11:20 AM
Welcome to the HP community!
Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.
1. Turn off the computer.
2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.
3. Unplug the power cable from the computer.
4. With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.
5. Connect the power cable, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.
6. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.
7. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.
8. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.
If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community