Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

...or keep it close to your chest, otherwise devious HP learns about it and blocks in the forthcoming BIOS release...

Good job otherwise and thanks for your update.

HP Recommended

I was debating on if if should even post this or not but I think they did not do this intentionally. It is really just a bad BIOS. I think the real fault is with Itel and not HP.  The BIOS patch HP released to us originated from Intel and was modfied by HP so it could be the issue came from either source.  

HP Recommended

> I think they did not do this intentionally.

Somebody (at Intel? at HP? the motherboard manufacturer?) intentionally made some changes to the BIOS programming-code.

There could be a lack of understanding of the existing code -- "I think that these lines of code can be deleted, so I will" -- or it could be an error in the coding -- "I never expected that the plug-and-play SSD device would return ABC".

It's a procedural failure of some QA (Quality Assurance) team to not test the new BIOS on a computer with a SSD.

Or, if they did the test, it would be a failure to report/investigate the "hang" during the boot process.

Intentional? YES.

Deliberate? YES.

Sloppy? YES.

Accidental defect? PROBABLY.

Deliberately excluding SSD devices? PROBABLY NOT.

P.S. I doubt that HP would modify a BIOS.  I think that they would "trust" the manufacturer of the motherboard, which probably was designed and manufactured to HP's specifications.

HP Recommended

Deliberately excluding SSD devices? PROBABLY NOT.

Cynic in me is rather sceptical about the above...

HP Recommended

I was ready to buy this PC, but thanks to this thread, I´m not doing it. Thank you all.

HP Recommended

HI! I have the same problem with ... IF I try to change the hard drive with an SSD th e pc blocks and i can't enter the BIOS! I tryed a CRUCIAL MX500 and now a SAMSUNG EVO 860 but the result was the same...I can't install a M.2 card because this slot is occupied from the Ati radeon video card...Any suggestion? thanks a lot. ROBERTO

This SSD could be compatible? https://www.amazon.it/dp/B071WXK4GK/?coliid=IBDYHQWCX7CIR&colid=3LO1VBEGFE12R&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_d...

HP Recommended

The fact that it is an HP SSD will definitely increase your chances of possible success. But we cannot ASSUME that it will work 100%. We have direct reports of this happening with HP SSD drives right out of the box on NEW HP computers. I tihnk the only way we know for sure is to bypass the SATA section of the motherbaord comepletely and use an open slot on PCIe, USB, or M.2. I just checked the BIOS page for my PC ( 510-p024.) They have not posted an updated BIOS to fix this issue yet. I suspect they never will. This will be my last HP product purchase of any kind. The company has no interest in product support at all after the sale.

HP Recommended

Hey HP,  Here is what happens when you screw over a small business. I just bought 5 new Lenovo Machines!20190510_124113.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.