Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP blocking SSD upgrades with newer systems and BIOS versions?

How much speed can I lost if windows  is installed in the SSd connected via USB3 respect to SATA and how much I can gain respect at the actual configuration with a normal HDD sata?

PS: Windows does hot install in a USB disk...

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Extreme measure...could you suggest a compatible motherboard?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,554 22,497 2,058 4,912
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Robergo 

Not able to understand your questions -- so I will provide what info I can.

It sounds like you're asking about the difference in speed running Windows in an SSD connected via a USB port verses one connected via a SATA port.  That's not possible to answer with any accuracy.

Why? Because first, Windows can't be installed to an SSD and then run connected to a USB port.  Second, different USB ports have different connection speeds, as do different SSD models.  So, there is no way to generate accurate numbers in such a situation.

As to SSD speed versus HDD speed, in general, the performance of SSDs is at least twice the speed of the HDD, but again, it's not possible to provide accurate guesses.  Why? Because, there are different HDD rotation speeds, there are different SATA connection speeds, and there are different SSD performance speeds.  So, there is no way to guess at accurate numbers.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation