4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP compaq 8200 elite small form. Booting takes forever w10

compaq 8200 smal form factory
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, we recently switched over from W7 to W10 and nearly everything is working out fine except our desktop pc's.

Whenever W10 is installed I have to wait for 2 minutes or so before the PC is booting up. (fan and led's are powered on)

I tried to update the BIOS(current J01 v02.06) but I just can't seem to find it 😕

Could really need some help 🙂

Cheers Kevin 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,459 107,640 17,057 26,111
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi, Kevin:

You have two choices...

1.  Update the BIOS to v2.28 using the F10 flash system rom method found in the bios flashing instructions when you run the BIOS update file under the W7 drivers section.

DO NOT FLASH THE BIOS TO V.2.29, or you will have the same issue as you are having now.

DO NOT use the windows based flash method.

If you need help with updating the BIOS let me know but it is pretty easy and straightforward.

The only thing that may not be mentioned is that you need to format your usb flash drive with the FAT32 file system before you copy the file contents of the DOS flash folder to the flash drive.

2.  If you don't want to update the BIOS, go into the BIOS's security menu>Device Security, and hide the Embedded Security Device (which is the Trusted Platform Module (TPM)).

Note that if you hide the TPM, you will not be able to use Bitlocker.

Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The TPM solution is working great but we are looking to use bitlocker soon in the future. Do you have a link to download v2.28 because I've spent quite some time without success.

Thanks so far!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

After two more coffee i stumled upon the obvious and searcged for the Win7 drivers instead of win10 and now I found it...

But I am still happy i wrote my problem here because if  not i would have installed 2.29 and still the same problem on hand.

Thanks man!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
117,459 107,640 17,057 26,111
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

You're very welcome.

I have two 8200 Elite CMT's running W10, and with BIOS v.2.28.  No problems at all.

Because I am a regular contributor to this forum, I stumbled across this discussion a while ago, and that is the only reason I knew about this problem.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Compaq-8200-Eli...

Had I not read this discussion, I too, would have installed v2.29, and it is one of those where you cannot roll back to a previous version. 

So you are stuck like glue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi!

I wrote a fully working HP 8200 Elite bios, latest version 2.32. No problems with booting/rebooting time.
You can download here and update from a FreeDOS USB pendrive: https://mega.nz/#!KrYSSARR!KilkIJSU7h5YdP7Z_QLRrDdDQP5kTySLHEj_JJu-WN8

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 2
6 4 2 1
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Wish I would have known before updating to 2.29 😡 I thought the slow boot was caused by the Win10 boot manager because I did not encounter this issue with previous OS's. I spent hours trying to fix before I found this post.

Since I can't go back to 2.28, I updated to 00.02.33 Rev.A. Still has the same issue.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation