Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I have and HP Pavilion  p7-1240. I've recently upgraded it with a new GPU and ram. Everything was fine but games I used to play years ago on it can't even operate now. The GPU and ram are fun, so I assumed the CPU might have an issue. It's an AMD10 5700.

I was told to make sure all 4 cores were enable. So I did. Then I was told to uncheck the cores and reboot when I saw no improvement. Not my PC enters Diagnosis upon bootup and won't even enter Safe Mode.

I ran a memory Test and recieved:

Memory Test: Failed

Failure ID: 60af2f-009sl-wptx1g-mh5003

Unknown

How do I fix this?? I assume disabling the cores caused this.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Scottyboy117 

You've probably received no replies on this so far because the utility we use to decode error codes says your code is invalid.

If you re-enter the code, we can try again -- but all we usually get is some general phrase about a piece of hardware failing and if it is, as you suspect, the memory stick(s), and the memory controller is undamaged, all you would be able to do is replace the memory stick(s).

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.