Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPE-510T
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday, I got the BSOD and then tried to re-boot my trusty HPE-510T and it would not boot.  No power to keyboard and mouse, and no signal to monitor. I got 5 long beeps and amber flashes, repeated 5 times and then just flashes.  I researched this and the web suggests a memory error.  I swapped my memory around and now the computer starts to boot, signal goes to monitor and there is power to keyboard and mouse.  However, I get a 4 pane windows graphic, spinning dots underneath that goes on and off about 5 times, then I get a light blue screen with spinning dots and then the screen goes blank and the monitor goes to sleep.  Windows  boot-up never completes.

I checked the CMOS battery which was totally dead, replaced it and the same sequence described above occurs.  Finally, using the ESC key or F10 will not bring up the BIOS or UEFI menu.  

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MLefebvre
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried swapping the memory slot? If its a memory slot issue then the computer needs to be serviced. 
  • When the computer starts up with single ram are you able to boot into BIOS environment? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi. I had 4 sticks of 2 GB RAM in the computer and I think one is bad because when it was in it wouldn’t even try to boot. Before I posted above, I was booting  with three sticks of ram in. I just tried it again with one stick of RAM in the slot closest to the CPU and it behaved exactly the same as described above.I also swapped out another stick of RAM for the single one I just tried and  again it behaved exactly as described above.

FYI, I seem to recall that when the computer was booting properly, there would be an HP splash screen that would come up for a few moments possibly with Information on how to get into the bios. Now, I see that screen displayed only 2 inches high and very distorted right after I restart the system.

HP Recommended

Also, when I tap the escape repeatedly to bring up the bios, it never comes up and the windows icon and spinning display described above are never shown

HP Recommended

@MLefebvre
Thank you for posting back. 

This sounds like hardware related issue with the computer as it's not booting up,

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.