Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a new Omen 30L desktop. Each time I log in as main admin account(used when I installed the computer) I get this error:

C__Program Files_WindowsApps_AD2F1837.HPSystemEventUtility_1.2.11.0_x64__v10z8vj.jpg

This doesn't happen with other admin accounts or normal users - these accounts were migrated from the old computer with the Transwiz utility program.

I assume the error comes from the HpseuHostLauncher (I see it in Startup Apps), but I don't know how to fix it without disabling it.

I have all updates done (Windows, Microsoft Store and HP Support Assistant).

Thank you in advance for your help!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@sursan -- I have a new Omen 30L desktop.

How new? You should get free telephone-based support for the first 30 days after a purchase.

Can you use File Explorer to access the folder:  Capture.JPG

Sorry, omit the last character after "Apps\".

Do you have "permission" to open that folder?

Do you have permission to click with the right-side mouse-button to "scan for viruses" the named file in that folder?

HP Recommended

Hello
you say you migrated your old accounts to this new computer.
Did you have time to test, before the migration?
This software has a more or less important function, and may not be installed on all computers!
What I think, the migration of the program would be related, and as not originally installed on this computer, there is a problem when you open the account, of this model
sorry may not be clear!
but just tried uninstalling the program if possible
it is not a virus

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06559359

do not take into account all the text

this is just the first link that I found that speaks of this
just from

How to identify the version of HP System Event Utility installed.
Method 1

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

you say you migrated your old accounts to this new computer.

I do not see where that was stated.

It seems to be a brand-new computer, with a "main" ("Administrator") ID, and maybe a "limited" account.

HP Recommended

Just to clarify, on the new HP system I have done a proper installation with a local admin account. It is in this account where I see the error message.

The other accounts (2 admin, 3 normal users) were transferred from an old system, which is not a HP one, so this utility was not even present (so the tool was not migrated, it was pre-installed only on the new system). And in those 5 accounts I don't see this error message when I log in.

HP Recommended

@sursan wrote:

Each time I log in as main admin account(used when I installed the computer) I get this error:

C__Program Files_WindowsApps_AD2F1837.HPSystemEventUtility_1.2.11.0_x64__v10z8vj.jpg

t

this doesn't happen with other admin accounts or normal users - these accounts were migrated from the old computer with the Transwiz utility program.

The translation may fail me, but I read this

something in any case comes from another computer
Clear that it's not a virus anyway

@sursan  confirm ?

[edit]

I answered almost at the same time @sursan 
it is all the more curious in this case
But try anyway, just uninstall the **bleep** program

the exact model of the computer?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

This doesn't happen with other admin accounts or normal users - these accounts were migrated from the old computer with the Transwiz utility program.

So, it only happens with the "primary" ID that was created when the first-time "setup" of Windows on the brand-new computer was done. That is the problem. The existence of the "migrated" accounts is not a problem. 

So, @Prométhée -- what do you recommend to fix the usage of that "primary" ID?

HP Recommended

How new? Less than a week ...

And I don't have access to that folder, please check the messages below, in order, when I try to access the folder:

2021-10-19 22_25_07-WindowsApps.jpg2021-10-19 22_25_29-WindowsApps.jpg2021-10-19 22_25_50-WindowsApps Properties.jpg2021-10-19 22_26_03-Advanced Security Settings for WindowsApps.jpg

I haven't tried to change the current owner to admin ...

On the other user with admin rights I cannot access that folder either.

I have tried, however, to reinstall the utility (same version).

Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

@sursan -- Click Continue to attempt the operation with administrative privileges

What happened after you followed this instruction?

HP Recommended

Normally, no one has access to this folder, we should not change this

Not recommended but :

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

https://helpdeskgeek.com/windows-10/how-to-access-the-windowsapps-folder-in-windows-10/

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.