Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 11 -n010dxx360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion 11 -n010dxx360 PC   DST failed.  Everything was ok, till I down loaded Chrome  home page. It appears that the computer may have install the down load but  it could not boot up. It came back saying it found a problem and it goes to say " Un mountable Boot Volume. Then preparing the automatic repair.  I crated a w10 media but off course I could not fix or download w10. It sounds like  I may need to install a new SSD but I would like to know  from HP first.

Thanks in advance.

the PC  I believe was a 2016 product

Failure code   U08FTV-76NABD-XD7V6J-60TX03

PN F9J18UA#A8A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I recommend this model SSD, which has the best performance for the price, in my opinion.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

You can reinstall W10 on the new hard drive by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the failure report generated by the code you posted, minus the PC's serial number.

Failure Information
Failure ID Tag Checksum HP Serial Number Test Date Failure Code Device Includes Error Message
U08FTV-76NABD-XD7V6J-60TX03OKXXXXXXXXXX12/30/20303StorageFloppy Drive, Hard Drive, Memory Drive, Optical Drive, SCSI, Tape DriveHard Disk 1 Quick Test Failure

You will need to install a new drive and reinstall the operating system.

The specs for your notebook indicates that it came from HP with a 500 GB mechanical hard drive, not a SSD.

HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

If you had upgraded to a SSD, it may still be under warranty.  Some of them carry up to 5 year warranties.

I know my WD Blue SSD's do.

Below is the link to the service manual, where you can find the hard drive removal and replacement procedure.

c04530571 (hp.com)

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

what I SSD will fit this PC and what do you recommend.

Appreciate it

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I recommend this model SSD, which has the best performance for the price, in my opinion.

Amazon.com: Western Digital 500GB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, 2.5"/7mm, Up to...

You can reinstall W10 on the new hard drive by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul. Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.