Level 1
10 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard drive or OS not found 3F0

EliteDesk 800 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a very frustrating problem with a PC displaying a 3F0 error during boot. The user reported that the error appeared one morning when he started his pc up until then there was no hint of problems to come. I removed the Samsung SSD (factory fitted) and placed it in an EliteDesk 800 G1 and the drive booted without problem. I restarted the 800 G1 many times to see if the first boot was sheer luck but whilst the drive is in the G1 it boots faultlessly. I initially suspected a problem with the motherboard on the G2 but to check I placed a brand new Crucial SSD on SATA 0 and was able to image this with Windows 10  with no hint of any problems. Both machines have been running on and off for a few days again with no problems. So I thought I'd missed a loose cable initially on the G2 and decided to put the Samsung SSD back. As soon as I did the 3F0 error is back. I am at a complete loss as to the cause. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
22,438 22,381 2,048 4,893
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hard drive or OS not found 3F0

@Brotybob 

Given the date of your post, I would have expected someone to respond to it before this -- but since that has not happened, I will take a shot at it ...

If I understand what you're saying is that the G1 works fine with both the Samsung SSD and the Crucial SSD, but the G2 only works with the Crucial SSD.

There clearly must be some compatibility issue between the Samsung SSD and the G2 -- but I have no idea what that could be.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation