Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Desktop pavillion

For the last few months my computer was not loading or go to the log on screen. Three times geek squad online support resolved it because I paid for the protection plan. Again my computer messed up, this time my computer will not reset and is no longer under the protection plan. I was told by a geek squad corporate rep to send to geek squad city they would replace the hard drive free of charge because it was the same issues as before when I had qeek squad protection. Two weeks later, I received a call from the manager at the Madison store stating they denied the charges and I would need to pay for the repair. I never been to the Madison store. I only took my computer to the Madison location so it could be shipped to geek squad city. How can I get my hard drive replaced under protection plan because it was not repaired correctly the first 3 times.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Let me start with the last question - "May I ask why did you tell my HP and Geek Squad has no affiliation? I didnt mention HP in my post. "

I mentioned that because this is a HP users forum.  Most posts are asking for help with HP PC's or equipment problems for HP products.  Your problem appears to be with Best Buy and/or Geek Squad.

For the problem posted concerning the warranty on this PC in question, I would start with the Geek Squad management where you purchased the PC and the previous work was done.  Explain what has happened with the PC not being repaired and what the last event caused, and then assuming they did in fact repair it, why there is a charge?  I do not know what the Madison store is but assuming it to be a repair facility for Best Buy Geek Squad.  If that is not the case, then I can see why there might be a problem.  Please explain this "Madison store"  facility and what they do there.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I know this is not what you want to hear but HP does not have any connection with the Geek Squad, as far as I know.  That is a Best Buy function.  Unless you might be using the wrong term, this needs to be run thru the Best Buy Management.

BTW: IMHO, it should not be too hard of a decision for them to agree to fix it, even if the warranty has now expired as it was supposed to be repaired while under warranty .

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Maybe you are right I might be confused. I thought geek squad protection plan was a part of Best Buy. I purchased both the computer and geek squad protection from Best Buy. From your reply I should not be talking to Geek Squad but the management team at Best Buy.

May I ask why did you tell my HP and Geek Squad has no affiliation? I didnt mention HP in my post.
HP Recommended

Let me start with the last question - "May I ask why did you tell my HP and Geek Squad has no affiliation? I didnt mention HP in my post. "

I mentioned that because this is a HP users forum.  Most posts are asking for help with HP PC's or equipment problems for HP products.  Your problem appears to be with Best Buy and/or Geek Squad.

For the problem posted concerning the warranty on this PC in question, I would start with the Geek Squad management where you purchased the PC and the previous work was done.  Explain what has happened with the PC not being repaired and what the last event caused, and then assuming they did in fact repair it, why there is a charge?  I do not know what the Madison store is but assuming it to be a repair facility for Best Buy Geek Squad.  If that is not the case, then I can see why there might be a problem.  Please explain this "Madison store"  facility and what they do there.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I see now. Please forgive me. I started out on Geek Squad website. I didnt notice I had been redirected to HP. Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.