Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 34-a051
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ive been trying to use my hp envy monitor with my ryzen setup with no luck for the last week: (msi x370 carbon - geforce 980 ti - 1800x)

I've tried 5 different hdmi cables- even went through the trouble of getting a display port to hdmi. (thinking my card might have a bad hdmi)

Turns out the computer boots fine on every other display i have around me. I tried 4 different ones & am having no issues running the latest drivers.

Ive used many different versions of NVIDIA drivers.

Did clean uninstall & installs in safe mode with no luck. System freezes up when i Install the NVIDIA Drivers and "Monitor going to sleep" shows up before i make it to the password screen on windows 10. (this is with the envy 34 AIO)

I can boot no problem with no nvidia drivers at the 1280 resolution with the Envy.

I think the firmware HDMI IN SCALAR 1.07 is the issues & have been trying to rollback to the old one but can't find it anywhere. Can someone help me with that & Spare all the mombo jombo.

Thank you.

This is really fun btw.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ArthurMa

Have you tried with a games console such as XBox or PS or a tablet to the HDMI IN port, what is the result ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I don't have any gaming console. It works with an HP labtop at the 3440 x 1440 resolution. This is really odd. When i plug in the hdmi to the computer that doenst work the whole system seems to freeze. (NUM LOCK, CAPS LOCK LED are not responsive) It becomes responsive again after i unplug it. Why would it work fine on other monitors? I was able to run an LG monitor at 4k resolution with display port no problem. 

Thank you for your help, any other tips? Clean install perhaps? I did a reset of windows 10 but i chose the keep my files option.

NM

HP Recommended

Same issue with another NVIDIA graphic cards (EVGA 760). After reseting windows 10. I also tried another ryzen based PC. Ryzen 3 2200g With an Asrock 320 board this time & guess what... same issue when i try to boot from the HDMI port on the graphic card i see bios info. Works fine without NVIDIA drivers once they get loaded by windows 10 the same things happens. No signal impossible to make it to the login screen. I happen to have another hp a34-051. Same issue. Must be some sort of compatibility issue. This is out of my expertise. it really looks like a short is happenning when i try to boot in windows. (num lock led stuck on keyboard and no signal)

Who should i adress this too? Nvidia AMD, HP? Im so close to just getting another curved monitor....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.